Thursday, May 20, 2010

Day 24

May 18th
This morning’s PT was the fitness test that we did in the first week of the course. We had to run a mile as fast as we could, do as many push-ups, sit ups and chin ups as we could. We don’t know our times from the run, but I did 30 toe push-ups, 75 sit ups and I was the only girl to actually do a chin up!! I really enjoyed that PT, but when we walked from station to station, my left foot was killing me. I’m not sure what it is so I met with the medic during our first class and he said I should go to the hospital where they could better assess it. In the meantime, I’m not allowed to run which sucks or do ruck marches which sucks a bit less lol or walk on uneven terrain which is impossible here because everything but the parade square is gravel. I figure it’s wise to get it looked after before we join up with the band. Today was day one of three scheduled First Aid days. Sometimes it’s a curse to be a teacher because you see all the flaws in other ppl’s teaching. For example, one instructor flat out told us that he put all his power points together the night before at like 1am and they all had spelling and grammar errors. How unprofessional! Then to top it off, he didn’t know his material. He stumbled and made mistakes and didn’t always know what he was talking about. He was also a big tool and tried too hard to be funny when he really wasn’t. To top it off, he cursed so much and made some offensive comments. The other teacher was actually a nurse and knew what she was talking about. She didn’t have to try to be cool and we respected her efficiency, knowledge and honesty with us. After that we had dinner and then part of our constant supervision involved almost two hours of study time followed by another hour of rifle cleaning. Then we were told to get as packed up as possible to get ready to leave for Carleton. I am so ready and packed right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment