Sunday, May 9, 2010

Day 6

April 30th PT this morning was our first long march with combat boots on and apparently it was 4km long! I like to walk at home and I really didn’t mind the 4km walk except for the fact that my left boot was starting to rub on my heel during the walk. We were walking pretty fast and several people were falling behind and then jogging to catch up. This really sucked for the ppl behind them because now we had to march with longer strides to catch up only to fall behind again. Then the Lieutenant marched at the goal speed for the last part of the walk and most of us wound up jogging behind him. I decided that I need to start eating less otherwise I will really gain weight here! Although the food is tasty and healthy, I am simply eating too much of it. The weather today was beautiful for all outdoor activities. It was cloudy with no wind and just the right temperature. Today we learned how to step forward and backward by 1,2 and 3 paces. We also learned how to line ourselves up while on parade. I am having an easy time remembering the steps for everything, but sometimes I need just ½ a second longer to process the command and when to start. Some people at still getting their lefts and rights mixed up while on the spot. This is not good because then we have to do the sequence again and waste time. I find myself getting more and more tired as the days go by and the rest of the girls in my shack don’t seem to want to work fast and get to bed earlier. We had to read an assignment today so I spent some of that time alone in my room just enjoying some peace and quiet. On a more positive note, we are getting to know who is good at what and working together for inspections is going much better. I have this little trick of bringing all my shower stuff to the bathroom the night before so I don’t have to look for things in the morning! Another nice thing is that I got to call Dustin today. It was really nice to hear his voice and find out how/what he is doing. I can’t wait until the couple of days that we have off between basic and band training. I’m going to tour all over Ottawa to see what we can do together! Well I hear we are going for a run tomorrow, so I’m going to bed. Byebye!

No comments:

Post a Comment