Sunday, May 9, 2010

Day 3-5


April 29, Well, the run was intense, I think we ran 3km and then did push-ups after that! I felt good about how I did especially because there were some ppl who were really struggling to keep up. I’m writing this a few days after the fact, so I can’t remember everything. I’ll just recap what we’ve learned so far. We covered the ranks and symbols, policies/regs/routines, standing at attention, at ease and easy, turns at 45, 90 and 180 degrees, walking , marching and jogging in two ranks or more, marching, saluting at the halt to the front, left and right, moving as a group around corners, halts, dismissal, rucksack assembly, radio assembly, phonetic radio alphabet and numbers, basic radio lingo, oh and finally room inspection; beds, lockers, floors, bathrooms and I’m sure they will add more to the list soon! Strangely enough I am actually having a good time. I’m doing a lot of laughing in my head as things are happening and I like to sing in my head while marching. The food is still great and we had steak night tonight! We also got the evening off to work on our rooms because the guys had a terrible inspection this morning. This morning’s PT was basically a fitness test. We all ran a mile and did as many sit ups, push-ups and chin ups as we could. That was fun, none of the girls could do a chin up lol

No comments:

Post a Comment