Monday, May 24, 2010

Day 30


May 24th

I had the best sleep in till 11am this morning! However, during my sleep in I dreamt that Master Corporal Temple and Probst were back and getting everyone up for a ruck march. So I spent a few hours tossing and turning trying to figure out if it was a dream or not lol. Then i went to Stevenson's room with my boots and realized that mine sucked! He gave me a few tips and I worked on them until we left for lunch. Alexi, Burns, Mattok, Stevenson and I went to "The Works" on Bank street for lunch. I love Bank street, it has everything on it! It reminds me a bit of Corydon in Winnipeg. Anyways, "The Works" is a burger restaurant and you can buy burgers with the strangest topppings on them. Stevenson had peanut butter on his, Mattok had Kraft Dinner on his, Alexi had avacado, Burns had jalepenos and I had pineapple! After that epic meal we walked back to Carleton. The university is much closer to downtown than I thought. I think I will walk every time! (or hopefully rollerblade when they arrive) Then we all went back to polishing our boots! Chelsea and I went on the grass with our bathing suits and boots lol. After supper I made a trade off with one of the guys: I ironed his shirts and he polished my second boot. That was an awesome trade off, I would much rather iron. I may return my iron and small board and just use someone else's. We really don't all need to have our own ironing equipment. I kept going on my boots for a while after that. They really take forever to shine up. When I am satisfied with them I will post a picture, but not yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment