Saturday, May 22, 2010

Day 28


May 22nd
YES!!! I finally got to sleep in!! I slept in until 9:30 and it felt great. Mind you, I was up on the computer until 2am catching up with ppl and enjoying internet time lol. So Derek, Chelsea and I made our way down to breakfast only to find that there is no breakfast at 10am. Breakfst is from 6:30-8:30. So if I want my favorite meal of the day, I will have to get up no later than 8:10. Poopers. So we decided to check out the campus while we waited for lunch at 11! We found the gym, university center and the Rideau Canal that goes beside the university. I can't wait to get my rollerblades because there is a beautiful path along the canal. That might wind up being where I spend my days off! We joined Ryan for lunch/breakfast and then Chelsea and I spent the afternoon ironing our DU's and polishing our boots. When we completed round one of our tasks, we went to the gym. I think we have a pretty good work out plan for the summer. Swimming one day and cardio/weights on the other day. I am so pumped to get in shape! After we showered and got all prettied up we went to dinner with Derek (Stevenson) and Greg (Burns). Then Mattock gave us a shoe polishing lesson becuase he is really good at doing boots! Then we went downtown and walked around the market. I bought some tea from a tea shop and looked in some other shops. I love that market! I was like a kid in a candy shop looking at all the stores on Bank street as we rode the bus. I will have to take a day and go down there on my own so I can look at things at my own pace. We stopped at the Highlanders Pub for a beer and then met up with some of Chelsea's friends at a really cool pub outside of the market. It was cheaper and really cozy. I had a nice talk with Derek about religion and how we were both worried that we'd be the only Christians in the group. It was really nice to chat and know that we have fellowship in that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment