Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Day 80


July 14th

So we all woke up today hoping that the parade would be cancelled due to rain but were disappointed by the dry morning. Of course it didn't start raining until we were on parade and half way to the hill. It was funny to hear the woodwinds call out rain drill and suddenly the very strong scent of wet bear filled the air. I actually didn't mind getting rained on but some ppl were complaining about the whole parade when we got back to the bus. We even did a West block dismount so I don't think they have the right to complain. Oh well, we were off after parade anyways and I decided to leave my workout for the evening and did my boots in the afternoon while watching TV in Humps's room. Then Marcel went into the hall to go to his room and was surprised by a growing puddle of water in the middle of the hallway. There was a huge leak from the ceiling in the stairwell and it was running into the hall and flooding our floor! He set up some dams with extra bed sheets so that ppl's rooms would not flood and rolled the huge laundry bin into the stairwell to catch the leaking water. There was another leak in the hallway that we quick fixed with recycling bins. I wouldn't want to be the duty Sergeant this time! After that wonderful adventure we watched a movie and before we knew it, it was time for supper. After supper I put away laundry and rollerbladed to my salsa class which I nearly forgot about! I was actually planning on practicing this evening but the band room was locked and I didn't know who had the key. Good thing i guess! I called Mel to see if we could have a rehearsal while I am back home, but they are out at their cabin for the week and don't get back till late Sunday night :( So I guess we will just do an intense preparation of this audition when I get back. Hopefully it works out. Anywho, I rollerbladed to salsa and we reviewed all te basic steps and the cross body lead. The new move for this week was the lady's turn. This was a lot of fun and I think Dustin taught me this one too? I dunno, it all feels the same after a while. After the class I walked the 7km trip back to Carleton again. There is one bridge that has lights shining into the water and you can see all the way to the bottom at night. One day in June I was looking at all the small fish there and wondered how big they got. Well today I saw a huge fish swim through the light as I walked past. It was over a foot long. Now I know this doesn't seem all that big, but the canal is shallow and the water doesn't flow, so I didn't think there would be many fish in there at all. When I got back I cleaned one of my rollerblades and then played a card game called 99 with Brian, Chelsea and Marcel. Super fun but now it's time for bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment