Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Day 109


August 12th

We got to sleep in till 9am this morning and it was a glorious sleep in! We had to be on the parade square for 10am where we rehearsed for about an hour and a half. Then we had lunch break for an hour and a half! I decided to relax in my room and go later so I would beat the rush. Good idea but then I couldn't take a nap, mind you I didn't really need one. After lunch we did a run through of the show on the parade square. I decided to keep my feet still the whole time just to see if I could stand at attention for the whole show. It was pretty easy to do in combat boots, but the real test will be in parade boots. We got a 2.5 hour supper break, so I went painting for just over an hour. I am very close to being done, all I have to do is more coats of the blue. I'm not sure yet if I want to outline things in black. The outlining paint applicator is not thin enough for my liking. Hopefully I can finish it the next time I go in. Anyways, our timing was 6pm and we were off to the hill for a dress rehearsal in full ceremonials. It was pretty much a show except we made 2 obvious mistakes in playing the music and there were no canons in the 1812 tonight. I put my insoles into my parade boots and they felt so much better. I don't know why I didn't do that much earlier! It still really sucked to stand still and not move my feet for 2 hours while standing on cement, but not as bad as I thought it would be. Who knows, by the 5th performance I might not be saying that anymore! When we got back I did my boots and laundry and hung out with various ppl before calling it a night. Again, what a long day...

No comments:

Post a Comment