Thursday, August 5, 2010

Day 103

August 5th

Happy 6 months Dustin!! I was off Parade this morning to do my QL4 test. Funny, I still had to get up for muster at 6:50 and I still did the morning rehearsal in the band room just for something to do. My test didn't actually happen until 9am. It went well and my sound was actually pretty good! I kicked butt on the scales and sight reading which makes me happy :) the bummer about not being on parade was that I had to spend the rest of the morning in the library. After lunch we got to be live music for the guards as they practiced their NAVY routine. I'm starting to understand why ppl complain about standing still for long periods of time. Although the guard's routine was entertaining to watch, I already know that my knees and lower back are going to be sore after all this Fortissimo stuff is done. After all that I showered, did my boots and went for supper. Tonight everyone is going to a pub on campus to listen to a celtic band made up of CG players. So I spent some quiet time in my room before getting ready and going. It was a lot of fun and I even knew some of the songs which was nice. Then they did some organized dancing and opened the floor to casual dancing too. I found my Folklorama voice and did some drunk cheering followed by some improvised dancing! Around 10:30 I came back to my room to chat with Dustin for the rest of the evening. I'm so excited for when he comes here, it's going to be so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment